Going to sauna and sauna therapy itself is an ancient method of detoxifying your body, mind and soul and really has many positive health benefits, from removing toxins, clearing your skin, burning you fat, improving you health etc below will be listed 5 mind-blowing health benefits of sauna.
1. Detoxification : Sweating is an effective way for our body to remove waste and sitting in a sauna will help you sweat a lot and in turn remove waste like uric acid, sodium, cadmium, Arsenic, mercury and lactic acid from out body which is generally excreted through urine and studies say that sweating is a better and more effective way of removing these toxins than any other way. Sauna therapy is also used for drug users trying to rehabilitate as it helps remove any traces of drugs in their system.
2. Skin treatment : Sitting in a sauna heats up your body, lowers blood pressure, increases blood flow and oxygenation along with metabolic rates and this really has a positive effect on the skin, it removes bacteria that helps with acne, produces collagen and elastin which helps keep the skin firm and plump and reduces wrinkles and stretch marks, the increased blood flow helps the skin regenerate faster and removes dead cells, in general sauna therapy helps to keep your skin fresh and younger.
3. Weight Loss : Saunas also really help you with losing weight as it increases blood flow, lowers blood pressure and increases oxygenation of blood which is what exercise or cardio does, the increases heat also helps to burn away the fat and calories and hence help you lose weight or excess body fat. Women who want to lose weight can try going to the sauna with better results if you go after a workout.
4. Cardiovascular health : With the lowered blood pressure, better blood circulation and oxygenation along with other effects similar to cardio workout sauna have known to help people with heart problems and improve cardiovascular health in general. Studies showed that men who went to saunas on a regular were at a lower risk of having a heart attack or die from cardiovascular problems than men who didn’t this also seemed to be the case for dementia in old age. Going to saunas is really good for your heart and it also prevents various other diseases and problems like chronic pain, fatigue, arthritis and much more.
5. Improves Immune System : With the numerous health benefits that saunas have it also helps the immune system and healing, a number of studies have shown that going to saunas helps in producing white blood cells which in turn helps to heal wounds and other injuries, even retinal injuries and heal any damage to your eyesight, it is also shown that saunas help to fight against the cold and flu and helps clear up any congestion in the airways or the lungs and even helps people who have asthma.
Sauna and heat therapy really works miracles and helps with numerous diseases and problems and keep you fit, if you have a physical ailment or even stress, depression and other mental problems then sauna therapy might actually help you alleviate those problems.