To put it simply blackheads are basically clogged hair follicles that are visible on the skin’s surface. Since blackheads usually occur on face, affecting the appearance, people try extremely hard to get rid of them in most natural and easy way possible. Blackheads usually start as brown colored dots on the surface of the skin.
Since they accumulate inside the pores, the excess oil gets stuck inside the pores and get oxidized. It is so easy that you can even remove blackheads from your nose and face by just using home treatments. Blackheads home remedies are not only affordable, they are effective and safe to the skin as well.
Below are some home remedies to get rid of blackheads fast and naturally. Alternatively, you can read 10 ways to get rid of blackheads fast at home & blackhead removal tips & tricks on our website.
- Green Tea to Get Rid of Blackheads on Nose
- Facial Steaming to Get Rid of Blackheads on Nose
- Epsom to Get Rid of Blackheads on Nose
- Cornmeal to Get Rid of Blackheads on Nose
- Honey to Get Rid of Blackheads on Nose
- Lemon to Get Rid of Blackheads on Nose
- Cinnamon to Get Rid of Blackheads on Nose
- Orange to Get Rid of Blackheads on Nose
- Baking Soda to Get Rid of Blackheads on Nose
- Turmeric to Get Rid of Blackheads on Nose
What is Blackheads?
According to ULM (US Library of Medicine), blackheads are small as well as dark spots on our skin because of clogged hair follicles. The surface of blackheads looks dark brown or black. Blackheads are actually blocked pores that get filled with keratin, skin debris and sebum, which is an oily substance. The blackhead can grow to become a pimple. Basically, blackheads are a type of acne that form mainly on our face. Often, they are seen right on the nose. If you can remove your blackheads at its primary stage, you will be able to protect the growth of acne on your face.
How to get rid of blackheads fast and naturally with home remedies?
Use the given remedies regularly, and you will be able to remove blackheads safely, as well as prevent further occurrence.
Green Tea to Get Rid of Blackheads on Nose
Green tea is made from Camellia sinensis leaves that have not undergone the same withering and oxidation applied, It is a rich source of antioxidants and known to work best with problematic skin.
- Mix one teaspoon of green tea leaves in purified water to make a paste.
- Gently scrub the mixture on affected area for five to six minutes.
- The scrub will deep cleans the oily skin and unclog the pores.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water.
Facial Steaming to Get Rid of Blackheads on Nose
This is one of the quickest and easiest methods to get rid of blackheads safely and naturally. Facial steaming loosens and softens the skin, naturally driving out the blackheads. Make sure you don’t take steam while the pan is on the heat source. Here are the steps to perform facial steaming in a safe way.
- Boil about 3 to 4 cups of plain water in a deep pan.
- Remove the pan from the heat source once it has begun to boil. Put a few drops of lemon juice into the boiling water.
- Now get a clean thick towel and drape it on your head. Make a tent from your towel that goes over your head.
- Stay inside your towel tent for as long as you can.
- Once you are done, remove the towel slowly and wash your face with normal water.
Epsom to Get Rid of Blackheads on Nose
Epsom salt it can prove to be a good scrub for your skin as well, providing ample amount of other benefits. Epsom salts absorbed through the skin also work to relieve muscle tension, pain, and inflammation in joints.
- Mix one to two teaspoon of Epsom salt with a few drops of iodine and hot water.
- Let the salt dissolve completely.
- Allow the mixture to cool down at room temperature.
- Apply the mixture with cotton ball on the affected area and allow it to dry for 5-10 minutes.
- Wash it off with Luke warm water and dry.
Cornmeal to Get Rid of Blackheads on Nose
Corn is a good source of pantothenic acid, phosphorus, niacin, dietary fiber, manganese, and vitamin B6. Which is good for health, as well as your skin health. It acts as an abrasive that easily cleans out the dirt blocking, making your pores breathe in a healthy way.
- Mix one tablespoon of cornmeal with your regular facial cleanser.
- Use steam on the affected area before applying. This will help your pores to open up.
- Apply the mixture and massage in circular motion.
- Concentrate on affected areas.
- Leave the mixture for 10 minutes and rinse off with cold water.
Honey to Get Rid of Blackheads on Nose
Vitamin B6, niacin, thiamine, pantothenic acid, and riboflavin. Amounts will vary according to the floral type of the honey. Honey also contains minerals such as copper, calcium, iron, manganese, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, sodium, and zinc. Which are very good for you, Its balancing quality which makes it good for both dry and oily skin. Regardless of your skin type, honey can naturally wipe out blackheads and make your skin look clear and flawless. Honey hydrates and tightens skin pores, giving you a much clear complexion.
- Add 1 tsp of honey to 1 tsp of cinnamon powder, mix well.
- Apply on blackheads at night and go to bed.
- Wash off in the morning.
- Do this daily for 8-10 days or till the time you get rid of these spots.
Lemon to Get Rid of Blackheads on Nose
Lemon juice, also known as natural bleach and best treatment for face acne, can also help get rid of blackheads on nose. The same goes for blackheads because they are made up of oil and make your skin look dull. Lemons are packed with numerous health benefiting nutrients. The fruit is less in calories, carrying just 29 calories per 100 g, the value being one of the lowest for the citrus fruits group. So, use lemon in one or multiple ways as mentioned here.
- Apply the mixture of salt and lemon to the face on the nose with the help of a cotton piece.
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes, and wash it with lukewarm water.
Cinnamon to Get Rid of Blackheads on Nose
Cinnamon has small amounts of vitamin K, B6, and pantothenic acid. It can be used to remove blackheads, as well as prevent blackheads in a natural manner. Make sure you use the appropriate quantity of cinnamon to make the paste for cleaning blackheads.
- Mix 1 tsp of lemon juice to 1 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- Apply this on your blackheads.
- Leave for 20 minutes and then wash off.
- Do this twice or three times a week.
Orange to Get Rid of Blackheads on Nose
Orange is a rich source of vitamin C, which makes your complexion fair and glow. In order to make the best use of this fruit for your blackheads, you can use the skin. Here is how to use it.
- Peel the fruit and keep aside the skin peels.
- Let the orange skin dry for a few hours.
- Use one orange skin everyday to scrub off the blackheads from your nose.
Baking Soda to Get Rid of Blackheads on Nose
Baking soda is considered to be the second best effective treatment to get rid of the blackheads. It helps your skin to get rid of all kind of impurities. Baking soda is extremely easy to use and easily available in any general store. Here are the steps to make baking soda paste for treating blackhead.
- Mix enough water with baking soda to get a thick smooth paste.
- Now gently massage your face with this paste in circular motion for few minutes.
- Wash off with water and pat dry your face
- Apply moisturizer.
Turmeric to Get Rid of Blackheads on Nose
Turmeric works good for minor burns, as well as quite commonly used to treat blackheads. Regular application of turmeric paste can help you prevent clogging of pores and allow your skin to breathe.
- Wash a handful of coriander leaves, crush them and take out their juice. You should have 1 tsp of coriander leaves juice.
- Mix coriander juice with 1 tsp of turmeric powder to make a paste.
- Apply this to your face, preferably at night.
- Leave for half an hour.
- Now wash off with lukewarm water.